You can add new invoices in Accounts Payable. Many users find it helpful to enter invoices as they are received, and adopting this practice significantly increases your efficiency.
When you select a term, the invoice due date is automatically set. If you enter a discount percent or amount on the term, the term's Discount Amount and Discount Date display as links next to the Invoice Term field. To change the amount or date, click the appropriate link. If you change either one, the Invoice Term changes to Other.
Discount amounts or percentages are based upon payment terms established between your organization and the vendor. If you set up a default discount for a vendor when you created the vendor's record, the percentage automatically displays.
The Accounts Payable module allows you to easily distribute amounts to more than one expense account. In the Distribution section, determine the number of expense and checking accounts you want to use and which accounts to use. If you assigned an expense account to the vendor, ACS populates the expense account field (Exp Acct) with the account code. To select a different account, click Lookup .
If you selected Enable Fund Accounting in Accounts Payable Setup, ACS populates the checking account field (Chk Acct) with the fund's account code. To change the Account Code in the distribution, click Lookup . If you enter a checking account from a different fund, a crossing funds message displays. If you intended to cross funds, accept the message. Otherwise, you can make a corrected Journal Entry or void the check that displays on the report, then correct the invoice. You may also need to edit your Chart of Accounts if your accounts aren't flagged for the correct fund.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Payable Invoices and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Invoices, then Add.
- Select a Vendor. To do this, enter the name of the vendor and press Enter, right-click to select Lookup by Code and enter a vendor code, or click Lookup .
- Optional: Click Select Purchase Order to create an invoice from an existing purchase order. This option is only available if you own the Purchase Orders module.
- Optional: Click the up and down arrows in the Month and Year date boxes to select a different posting period.
- Enter the Invoice #, Invoice Amt., Due Date, and Partial Amt.
- Optional: In the drop-down list, select an Invoice Term. This information populates when you select the invoice's Due Date, but you can change it.
- Optional: Select Autofill Text? to display text from previous invoices in the Invoice Description and Comment fields. When adding additional invoices and entering text in those fields, entries from the previous invoices in the session display in a drop-down list for selection.
- Optional: Enter an Invoice Description. This text prints in the check's memo field.
- If applicable, select the Invoice Date. This defaults to the current date.
- Press TAB, then enter the invoice disbursement information. To distribute the invoice to multiple accounts, enter the amount to distribute to the current account and press TAB. After you finish adding information related to this account, press ENTER to add a new line and select a new account to disburse some portion or the remaining portion of the invoice.
- Click OK, then Yes.
Attaching Documents to Invoices in Accounts Payable
Editing an invoice in Accounts Payable
Memorizing a previously entered Accounts Payable invoice
Suspending an invoice
Printing a List of Invoices in Accounts Payable
Working with Memorized Invoices in Accounts Payable