At self check-in stations, your members can check in and out of classes and activities. Families can check in at the same time or separately, so Dad can park the car while Mom checks the kids in, or everyone can check in together.
At a self check-in station, check-in procedures are the same for individuals or families. Here are four basic steps for check-in.
- Locate a family's record.
- Select the sessions the family members are attending.
- Edit the family's pager number (if necessary).
- Print badges.
Before members can start checking in, make sure you have prepared the station for check-in time.
- In the self check-in start window, select either Name, Phone, or Pager. Or, scan the family's bar code and skip to selecting sessions. Depending on your settings, not all of these options may be available.
- Click Find.
- If multiple families match this information, select the correct family and click OK.
Once you have located the family's record, you can select the sessions they are attending. See Additional Information if you receive the message that check in cannot be completed.
- Select the sessions that each family member is attending. To select every available session, click Select All.
- Depending on your settings, you may have the option to add people to groups that they are not yet in. To add a family member to a session, click Add to Group.
- For each new session, enter the person's class, status, position, and other attendance information.
Once you have selected the sessions, you can edit the family's information, including pager number.
- Select the existing pager number to change it.
- Enter the new pager number. To enter the next available pager number, click Next #.
Once you have edited the family's pager number, you can print badges and finish.
- Click Next.
- Select each badge you want to print. Or, to print all available badges, click Print All.
- Click Finish. The family is checked in.
Message Displays that Check In Cannot be Completed
The following message may display for some individuals who try to to check in:
This happens when the individual is not enrolled in any of the sessions or template that this station is set up to check in people for, and when the Display Options for Adding to Groups option is not selected in Checkpoint Setup. This option is located in Check In/Out Defaults under Express Check In/Out Options. During assisted check-in, you will always have the opportunity to add people to groups who are not already enrolled in one. You can check in this individual through assisted check-in, or you can turn on the option to Display Options for Adding to Groups.
Classes Not Showing
Classes that are unavailable do not display at self check-in. A class may be unavailable for a few reasons:
- The class reached its maximum attendance and closed automatically.
- The class was closed manually by a staff person.
- The individual is in a group which meets in multiple locations, but some locations are full.
- The individual is in multiple classes within the same group, but the session limits which classes display.