With the appropriate rights, users can create new events in the Facility Scheduler calendar to be approved by the Events Coordinator.
- Click Events, then click Add Event.
- If your administrator has already established Event Types in Facility Scheduler, select the event type that matches the event you want to create from the list.
If your administrator has not established event types in Facility Scheduler, then the Add/Edit Event page displays.
- Enter an event name for and select a calendar to display it. Event Names can be 50 characters long and contain letters, numbers, and special characters. If you want the event to display on multiple calendars, click Add the event to other calendars. In the Select Multiple Calendars dialog box, select the desired calendars and click OK.
- Select if the event reoccurs. If so, you must enter additional information. Click the Preview and make exceptions for recurring dates link to add dates outside the selected recurrence pattern or remove dates from the event schedule.
- To select an image to represent the event, click Click to add an image for this event. You can either Select a picture from your Media Files or Browse and Upload an image from your computer.
- Enter a Description to display for the event. Descriptions are limited to 500 characters and can contain letters, numbers, and special characters.
- To check your spelling, click Check Spelling.
- If necessary, select any tags you want to associate with the event. Select a tag from the drop-down list, then click Select. If the tag you want is not available, click Add to add it to the list. For more information on tags, see About Tags.
- Continue entering location and resource information.
To set up recurrence for the event, click Recurrence in the right-hand corner. For information about setting up recurrence, see Setting Up Recurrence.
Enter information about where the event occurs in this section.
- On the Location Request bar, click Add Location.
- Select a Location Category.
- Select a Location. Location may vary depending on the Category you selected.
- If necessary, enter the maximum number of occupants for the location in the Occupancy field.
- If the location entered is the primary location for the event, select the This is the primary location option.
- Click OK.
The first location entered is by default the primary location.
What if I need multiple location listings for an event?
Situations can arise where you need to have an alternate location for an event. Inclement weather can halt an outdoor activity, or an unexpected number of guests can cause you to exceed your occupancy limit. With Facility Scheduler and Access ACS, you can establish additional and alternate locations for your events. To add more locations for an event, click Add Event, enter the location information, and click OK. Repeat until you have all of the necessary locations entered.
If you have two locations entered for the event, and you delete the primary location the secondary location automatically becomes the primary location.
What if I need to change the primary location?
To change the primary location, select the Primary Location check box beside the new location. The check mark beside the old primary location no longer displays.
What if I need to delete a location?
To delete a location, click in the location row.
Event Type Details
This section only displays if there are event type details established in Facility Scheduler for the specific event type. The title of the section changes depending on the event type selected. For example, if you selected the Music event type, the section header changes to Music Details.
Enter any resources that may be needed for the event in this section. The Type, Category, and Resource must be available in Facility Scheduler for them to be available for the event.
- Click Add Resource.
- Select a Resource Type from the drop-down list.
- Select a Resource Category from the drop-down list.
- Select a Resource from the drop-down list.
- Enter the total number of the resource you need in the Quantity field.
- Click OK.
Continue adding resources until you have fulfilled your need.
- In the grid row of the resource you want to edit, click .
- Change the quantity of the resource item to match your needs.
- Click .
What if I need to delete a resource?
To delete a resource, click in the location row.
Click Next to continue the Event Setup Expert.