In the Member Notes sub-module, you can add a note to a member or family's record. Member notes are helpful for keeping track of hospital stays, prayer requests, and other events in your members' lives. When you add a note, you can select a category and Start and End Dates for events that take place over a specific range of time, such as mission trips. In addition, you can use notes to keep up with details such as hospital names, room numbers, and any special contact information for that individual.
- In the left navigation pane, click Members > Member Notes.
- On the Lists tab, select the family or individual you want to add a note for and click New.
- On the Data Entry tab, select the note's Start date and End date. The end date is optional.
- Enter the note's Subject. Since you can add more detailed information in the text box, you can keep the subject line brief. For example, if you are entering a note for a member who will be in the hospital, you could enter "Hospital Stay" in the subject field.
- Under Category, Element 1, Element 2, and Element 3, select the appropriate category and elements for your note. Click the X to remove elements from the note.
- In the text box, enter your note. For example, if the member will be in the hospital, you could enter the reason for the stay, as well as the hospital's name, room number, and phone number here.
- Click Save to save your note.