If your organization already has a comprehensive numbering system in use for your accounts, then you can continue to use this numbering system in Membership Plus. Or, if you would like to change the auto-assigned account numbers for any reason, you can do so by re-entering them.
Account numbers are used to distinguish among the many accounts used in maintaining your organization's finances. For this reason, every account must have a unique account number. No two accounts may have the same account number.
To assign an account's number
- In the left navigation pane, click Accounting > Accounting Management.
- On the List tab, select the account.
- On the toolbar, click Edit.
- In the Number field, enter the account number.
- On the toolbar, click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-5 for each account.
Once you have assigned account numbers, you should enter the beginning balances of accounts.