To use Membership Plus over a network, these are the requirements:
Need instructions on how to map a network drive?
Need instructions on how to share files?
2. Membership Plus must be installed on the server or the computer acting as the server.
3. Membership Plus must be installed on each individual computer, or workstation, that you use to run Membership Plus.
4. The same version of Membership Plus must be installed on both the server and the workstations. For example, the server cannot have Version 12.1 installed if the workstations have Version 12.2 installed.
5. We recommend running Membership PLUS Version 12 on a hardwired network. Wireless networks can be inconsistent and do not carry as much data bandwidth as a wired connection. This can cause issues with access to the dataset and errors in the dataset.
6. Multi-User License Required --
You must be a registered user and own a multi-user license for multiple users to connect to same dataset simultaneously. For information about how to obtain a multi-user license, contact Membership Plus sales at 866-539-6391 during regular business hours.
Two phases are require to install Membership Plus on a network:
- Phase 1 — Installing the database on the server
- Phase 2 — Setting up the workstations
Complete all steps in both phases. To install the database on the server, you must have administrative or supervisory rights.
You can install Membership Plus from a CD or from a file downloaded to your computer using the Client Portal.
To installing from a CD
Click here if the installation menu does not appear.
To start the Installation Menu manually
To install from a downloaded and saved file
Once you have installed Membership Plus on the server, connect the workstations to the database.