Managing Access Rights of Member Notes
One new feature of Membership Plus Version 12 is that you can manage the access rights of member notes separately from the access rights of all other areas. You can also manage the access rights of individual member notes.
This is useful if your secretary wants to store meeting minutes in member notes, but doesn't want just any user to be able to access them. In this case, the secretary can limit the access rights of only the meeting minutes, without controlling how users access the other member notes.
You must enable access rights before you can manage the access rights of Member Notes.
To set member notes access rights for a user
- On the menu bar, click File > Access Rights > Access Setup.
- In the window that appears, click Set Member Notes Access Rights.
- In the window that appears, select the user.
- In the Select Note Type drop-down list, select the note type.
- Select the access level of the user for that note type (None, View, or Edit/View).
- Click Save.
- Repeat steps 2-6 for each note type.
- Click Close.
Tip: You can click Save & Continue if you want to save the changes for this user and move on to change access rights for another user.