If the only available picture you have of an organization also includes other people who are not members of the organization, you may want to remove those others from the picture before adding it to your dataset.
You may want to remove red-eye from a picture if it is particularly distracting.
Both of these issues can be solved by using a program on your computer to edit the pictures – what is commonly called photoshopping pictures.
If you have not before edited a picture displayed in Membership Plus, you must first select a picture editor program to use.
To select a picture editor
- Use the table below to choose which picture editor you want to use.
Picture Editors You can Use
Where to Find Them
Paint is installed on all Windows-based computers (PCs). To open it, click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint.
Microsoft Office Picture Manager
If your computer includes at least Microsoft Office 2000 or later, Microsoft Office Picture Manager is installed on your computer. Click Start > All Programs > Microsoft Office > Microsoft Office Tools > Microsoft Office Picture Manager.
Gimp is a highly-rated picture editor available online for free download. Click here to download Gimp.
Paint.net is a highly-rated picture editor available online for free download. Click here to download Paint.net.
Photoscape is a highly-rated picture editor available online for free download. Click here to download Photoscape..
- If necessary, download and install the program on your computer.
- Now you must determine the location of the picture editor on your computer's hard drive.
To determine the location of the picture editor
- In Windows, click Start > All Programs.
- Locate and highlight the program.
- Right-click > Properties.
- In the window that appears, click General.
- Make note of the location of the picture editor (For example, write it down on paper.)
- If you cannot see the full location, highlight the beginning of the location and drag your cursor across it.
- Close the window.
- Once you have determined the location of the picture editor, you can select the picture editor in Membership Plus.
To select the picture editor in Membership Plus
- Open and log in to Membership Plus.
- In the left navigation pane, click Members > Families.
- Click the Picture tab.
- Below the grid, click Choose Image Editor.
- Click My Computer.
- Following the location path you determined, locate and select the picture editor.
- Click Open.
If you have already selected a picture editor to use with Membership Plus, then you can follow these steps to edit the picture.
To edit a picture
- In the left navigation pane, click Members > Organizations.
- On the List tab, select the organization.
- Click the Picture tab.
- Below the picture, click Edit.
- The picture will be opened in the picture editor you chose previously.
- Edit the picture.
- When finished, save the picture.
- Quit the picture editor program.
The picture displayed in Membership Plus updates to your changes.