While Membership Plus is a powerful program, any database is only as good as the data in it. Establishing procedures for data entry keeps your dataset clean and well maintained.
For example, you may want to establish guidelines for Family Role Assignments. You might want to track single or widowed individuals with no children in the household with the role Head of Household- Guardian. However, if a new staff member comes on board, he or she may not know this and could select another family role in the database. By entering procedures for this in Church Policies and Procedures, staff members can view guidelines for data entry in Membership Plus without exiting the program or open a separate document.
- In the left navigation pane, click Administration > Policies and Procedures.
- Under Procedural Documents, expand the module and and sub-module that you want to enter procedures and policies for. For example, to enter procedures related
- Enter your procedures and policies for that sub-module. For example, suppose your organization runs the Pledge Monthly Detail report on the 5th of each month. You would expand Financials > Pledges, and enter the report's schedule. You could also enter any additional guidelines for running the report, such as the report's Sort Order.
If you have procedures saved in a text file, such as a Microsoft® Word document, you can copy the procedures in that document, then right-click inside the text box and click Paste to paste them into Membership Plus.
- Optional: On the toolbar, use the buttons and drop-down lists to change the report's font type, size, or color, use bold, italic or underlined fonts, go to the previous or next page, or print the policies and procedures.
- When you're finished entering policies and procedures, click Close All. The text automatically saves.