When adding an account, the only two fields that are required are the Account Name and the Account Code. No other fields are required to add an account; however, they may be required by your accounting standards.
To add an account
- Under Manage Records, select the Chart of Accounts tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Chart of Accounts, then click Go .
- Select the heading you want to associate with this account.
- Click Add Account.
- In the Account Code field, enter the code.
- In the Name field, type an account name.
- If necessary, select the Department, Fund, Committee, and Areas.
- If this is a checking account, select Checking. Then select the bank account associated with this checking account.
- Enter any Comments about the account.
- Click OK.