When a new employee comes on board, you'll need to add a record for him or her in ACS Payroll. When you add a new record, you can include the employee's personal and contact information, as well as pay options, taxes, adjustments, time off, direct deposit information, and much more.
When you add an employee, first look for the name of the individual in the Global Name List. Adding an additional record to an existing individual is less time consuming than adding a complete record. If the individual is already in the Global Name List, adding an additional record prevents you from adding a duplicate record.
To upload a new employee to the ACS Employee Self Service site, the social security number, date of birth, and e-mail address must be entered. If you are registered for ACS Employee Self Service, a warning will display if you omit any of these items when entering a new employee record.
If a new employee already has a record in ACS People, Organizations, or HeadMaster, you can import existing information from those programs. To learn more, see Importing Employee Records from People Organizations or HeadMaster.
- Under Manage Records, click the Records tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Employees, then click Go .
- Click Add.
- In the Last Name field, click Lookup to verify if the individual is in your Global Name List. Make sure to select Show Inactive.
- If the individual is in your Global Name List, select the record. Otherwise, go to the next step.
- Enter the appropriate information in the Name Information fields.
- Enter the necessary information on the remaining tabs to complete the employee record.
- When finished, click OK.