Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
To prevent buyers from spending over a set purchasing limit, purchase orders operate on an approval system. When you add a purchase order, the initial status of the order is Unapproved. When you assign a buyer to the order, ACS changes the order status to Approved when you save it. As an added precaution, you can only post approved purchase orders.
You must either assign a buyer to the purchase order or select Automatically Approve Purchase Orders with no Buyer in the Purchase Orders Setup window. When you assign a buyer to a purchase order, the order is approved if the buyer has not exceeded the set limit. If you do not assign a buyer to a purchase order and you have selected the option to automatically approve purchase orders without a buyer, ACS approves the order when you click OK.
If Projects in Use is selected in General Ledger Setup, you can assign a project code to the item ordered when entering items. When the check for this invoice is issued from Accounts Payable, your general ledger reports reflect the expense when printing by project.
To add a purchase order
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Purchase Orders and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Orders, then click Add.
- In the Purchase Order # field, enter the purchase order number or click Next to use the next number.
- Select the appropriate Post Month/Year.
- Click Lookup to select the Vendor. After selection, the vendor's address displays. If necessary, enter a different Ship-To Address.
- Select the appropriate Vendor Contact, Terms, P.O. Date, Ship Date, and Required Date.
- Enter a Memo for the purchase order, then select a Buyer.
- Under Items, click Add to add items to the purchase order.
- When finished, click OK.