Find Person and Find Org
Click to select the contributor in the Find Person or Find Organization window.
Click to display the last person a transaction was entered for in the batch.
If you selected the contributor in Find Person or Find Org, the envelope number displays. Or, you can enter the individual or organization's envelope number to display the contributor. In addition, if your envelope has a number encoded in the barcode, and the Entry Order in Setup is set to Envelope, you can scan the barcode to view the individual's record.
Click to scan the contributor's check.
Select the transaction's payment type (ACH, Cash, Check, Check Card, Credit Card, or Online). You can select the default payment type in Contributions Setup.
Enter the total gift amount.
Enter the gift's reference number. This could be a check number or a confirmation number for credit card transactions.
Displays the Post Date of the transaction's batch. This date is entered when starting a new batch.
Displays the number of the transaction's batch.
Displays the expected batch total that you entered when starting the batch.
Displays the total amount of transactions added to the batch. After entering all transactions for the batch, the Expected total and Total should reconcile and display the same amount.
Select the contribution's transaction type in the drop-down list.
- Regular Gift — A monetary gift with no description. Most of your contributions will be classified as regular gifts.
- Gift with Description — A monetary gift with a special description or notation. For example, a contribution given as a memorial to a specific person is a Gift with a Description. In addition, Canadian laws require non-cash gifts to have a monetary value, so you could enter those gifts with a transaction type of Gift with Description but not post to the General Ledger.
- Gift for Item of Value — A gift given in return for a good or service. An example of this is buying a pie (for more than its value) at a youth fund raiser.
- Non-Cash Gift — A tangible item such as a car or computer. You can enter a value to apply to a pledge, but the value cannot be included on the Charitable Contribution Report. Non-cash gifts do not post to the General Ledger.
- Non-Deductible — A gift that cannot be deducted from the contributor's income tax. For example, a contributor's employer provides a matching donation in the contributor's name. The contributor gets credit for the employer's contribution applied to the pledge, however, the contributor is not permitted to deduct the employer's portion from income tax.
- Beginning Total — Select this option if you are entering a beginning total and no other transactions have been posted to the fund.
Memorial / In Honor
If the contribution is for a memorial, select the memorial from the drop-down list.
The gift date defaults to the batch's posting date. If you change the gift date, ACS uses the new date for all transactions entered in the session, unless you change the date again. This is mainly for tracking purposes, such as online transactions, and does not affect the date that prints on statements.
Inquiry by Individual
Click to display the contributor's gifts, gift totals, and pledges in the Inquiry by Individual window.
When adding a transaction, select this option if you hand wrote a receipt or printed it manually. If selected, when you print a batch of contributor receipts, you can exclude this receipt from printing.
Click to select a memorized transaction.
Select the fund code the transaction is allocated toward. After selecting a fund code, the name of the fund displays in the Description field.
Enter the amount of the transaction that is allocated toward the selected fund.
If the contribution is for a Gift for Item of Value, enter the item's value here.
Enter any comments about the transaction. For example, if the contribution is a Gift with Description, you can enter the description here.
Select the transaction's project code. This option must be enabled in Contributions Setup.
The gift's pledge status displays. Pledge statuses are based on the fund selected, and if no pledges exist for a fund, the pledge field defaults to blank.
- None — Select if the gift is not part of a pledged contribution and should not be applied to an existing pledge.
- Current — Select if the contributor has a pledge that falls within the gift's post date.
- Arrears — Select if the transaction is for an arrears pledge. If Auto Post Arrears is selected in Setup, Arrears does not display, and ACS automatically posts the transaction to the arrears pledge.
- Future — Select if the transaction is for a future period pledge. This displays if a future pledge has already been entered.
- Prepay — Select to flag the gift as a future pledge payment without having to enter a pledge first. For example, if a contributor gives more than their pledge balance but wants to apply the remainder as a prepayment for next year's pledge but has not filled out a pledge card, select this option. The gift displays as a non-pledge gift on reports and statements, and ACS applies the gift to the pledge when it is entered.
Displays the remaining amount to be disbursed.
Click to delete a fund line entered in error.
Click to add a pledge on the fly. This is helpful if you receive a gift toward a pledge that has not been entered yet.
View Pledges for:
Using the arrows, select the year you want to view pledges for in the pledge grid. This defaults to the current pledge year. This makes it easier to determine which pledge you want to allocate the gift toward.
The pledge's status displays in the grid. To exclude paid pledges from the pledge grid, select this option.