In Accounts Payable, you can memorize invoices that are entered frequently so you do not have to enter them multiple times. You can enter regular or scheduled memorized invoices.
When adding a memorized invoice, you'll need to enter vendor and payment information first. By default, if a vendor has multiple invoices when payments are generated, all invoice amounts are combined into one sum. The vendor receives one check for the total amount. When you select the Pay Separate option, ACS prints a separate check for each invoice.
In the Distribution section, determine the number of expense and checking accounts you want to use and which accounts to use.
If you assigned an expense account to the vendor, ACS inserts the account code in the expense account field (Exp Acct). To select a different account, click Lookup Accounts Payable Setup, ACS inserts the fund's account code in the checking account field (Chk Acct).. If you selected Enable Fund Accounting in
To change the account code in the distribution, click Lookupto select another account. If you enter a checking account from a different fund, a crossing funds message displays.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Payable Invoices and click Go .
- Click Memorized Invoices, then Add.
- In the Vendor field, enter the vendor's name or click Lookup to select a vendor.
- Enter an invoice Description.
- Enter an Invoice Number or click Next to assign the next available invoice number for the selected vendor. To assign the same invoice number each time you generate the memorized invoice for payment, select Retain?.
- Enter the Invoice Amount. If your organization offers a discount to the vendor, enter the Partial Amount as well.
- Select one of the following payment options:
- If you want to pay this invoice indefinitely, select Continuous Payments.
- Enter the Number of Payments due on this invoice. Once this number is reached, you cannot generate the invoice again; however, it remains in ACS. If you need to generate the invoice again, you can edit the invoice and increase the number of payments.
- In the drop-down list, select the Invoice Term.
- In the Invoice Description field, enter any information that you want to print in the memo field of the check for this invoice.
- In the drop-down list, select an invoice Frequency.
- To accept the default checking (Chk Acct) and expense (Exp Acct) accounts assigned to the vendor, press ENTER. Or, click Lookup to select a different account.
- In the Amount field, the total amount of the invoice displays. Update this amount if necessary.
- To distribute the invoice to one expense account, press TAB. To distribute the invoice to multiple accounts, enter the amount to distribute to the current account and press TAB.
- When finished, click OK.