Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
We recommend making a Financial backup before adding and editing W-2 totals.
You can make any needed adjustments for the quarter or yearly W-2 totals through Add/Edit W-2s Totals.
When you use Add/Edit W-2 Totals to enter payroll totals, the summary totals become part of Employee W-2 information. In addition, the information is added to the Payroll tables. The following information is recorded:
- Taxable Wages
- Accumulated Taxes
- Earned Income Credit Payments
This information does not post to the General Ledger.
If you are editing W-2 totals during the course of the year, all accumulated period-to-date totals display in the Input W-2 Information window for the period selected. For example, if you select Q3, only totals from the third quarter display.
To adjust W-2 Totals
- Under Manage Records, click on the Period End Procedures tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit W-2 Totals and click Go .
- In the Input W-2 Information window, click Lookup to select the Employee whose W-2 you want to adjust.
- In the Year field, select the year for which you are entering or changing W-2 totals.
- Under Transaction information, select the appropriate period. Select Q1, Q2, Q3, or Q4.
- Enter the appropriate information in each field of the W-2, then click Apply. If you do not click Apply, the adjustments you entered are not saved or posted to the employee’s record.
- A message displays, stating "You have entered or changed information in the Total Gross, Deduction, or Addition fields." If the statement is true, perform step #8 as necessary for your situation.
- Follow the appropriate steps as they apply to your situation:
- If you entered initial totals or edited the Total Gross field, the Add/Edit W-2 Wages window displays when you click Apply. Distribute this amount to the appropriate pay type and cost center. The default cost centers and pay types that display are defined on the Pay tab of the employee's record. If necessary, edit this information. Click OK to save your changes.
- If there are deduction or addition adjustments associated with this employee record and you entered or changed information in the Deduction or Addition fields, the Add/Edit W2 Additions or the Add/Edit W2 Deductions window displays when you click Apply. Disburse the amount to the appropriate adjustment. Click OK to save your changes.
- Click OK to continue.