Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
When you archive data, you make an exact copy of your financial dataset. This is helpful before you make major changes to your data. Examples of major changes include changing your general ledger period from a calendar year to a fiscal year and renumbering your chart of accounts.
You can retrieve information from archived datasets or make a backup of one. If you make any changes in an archived dataset, those changes affect only the archived dataset.
You can archive data at any time of the year and as frequently as you want during the year.
To archive a dataset
- Under Manage Records, click the Period End Procedures tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Archive Financial Data, then click Go .
- Click Yes.
- Enter a name for the archived dataset. For example: 2015 Church of Good Training History File. Click OK.
- After the files are copied, a message displays. Click OK.
To access an archived dataset
- Under Advanced Tools, click Select Dataset.
- Select Include Archived Datasets.
- Select the archived dataset that you want to make active.
- Click OK.