Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
This page provides information about configuring your computer to maximize the performance of ACS.
Consider a professional system assessment prior to installing ACS on your network. In many offices, ACS is the most extensive program in operation, storing critical information and placing far more demands on the workstations and network than routine word processing applications or other office tasks. Hardware professionals can test your network, including certifying cabling, to ensure that it is working properly.
To optimize ACS Performance
- Do not use 3-D screen savers, especially on the server, performance may be adversely affected.
- Virtual memory should be at least 1.5 times the amount of RAM installed.
- Make sure the system has enough available disk space. For specific information about the available disk space necessary to run ACS, see the ACS System Requirements.
- The system should have enough free resources.
- Set power schemes to Never turn off hard disks.
- Set power schemes to Never for System Standby.
- If you have a virus protection program, set it to scan program files instead of all files and turn off scanning for network drives.
Now that your computer is configured, you can install ACS.