Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
After you print the invalid addresses report, review the error code listed with each individual's address. This error code gives a brief explanation to help you quickly determine the cause of an invalid address. For example, no primary name ranked. You can use the Suggestion List option to correct invalid addresses.
To correct and test invalid addresses
- In the CASS™ Certification window, click Suggestion List.
- Under Selection, choose one of the following:
- Special Mailings
- In the Name list, select a name and click Test Address. One of the following messages displays:
- The address is invalid, update the address information.
- The address was successfully certified. Please click Replace Address to save this certified address.
- A list of addresses displays. Under Address, enter the address that is correct for the selected individual.
- Click Test Address. Do one of the following:
- If the address is valid, the Address Valid dialog box appears. Click OK.
- If the address is invalid, update the address and click Test Address.
- If the address is successfully certified, click Replace Address.
- Click Yes. The selected individual's name is automatically removed from the Name list.
- Click Close.
- Repeat steps 3 through 8 until all addresses are valid.
The USPS website also contains an excellent resource to help you locate and fix address problems. At this site, you can key in the invalid address and all possible ranges display. This is very effective when narrowing down the possible errors that cause an address to display on the incomplete addresses report.