In the Group Setup window, you set up Master Groups, which are the top most level of a group structure.
After creating the master group and intermediate levels, make sure you have entered your structure correctly. You can right-click and select Customize to display all of the fields you want in the grid. Then right-click and select Print Grid to print the selected fields and group structure.
To create a Master Group
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Groups, and then click Go .
- In the Group Type drop-down list, select Class/Worship.
- Click Add, and then click Add Master Group.
- Select a Class level or Worship, and then click OK.
- The Group Setup window displays. Under Group Name, enter a group name.
- On the Levels, Settings, Reserve List, and Marking Fields tabs, select any options you want to use, then click Next.
- The Finish tab includes a summary of the new master group. To edit a tab, click Back. Otherwise, click Finish.
Master Level Name, Level 1, 2, and 3 Name — By default, the level names are division, department, and class, but you can change them here.
- Group Options — In this area, your group's start date displays. You can select to use comments, quick codes, or locations. If you use locations, you can opt to allow multiple locations per class (for example, if a class meets in different rooms depending on the day.
- Enter/Post Options — Here, you can select marking options, such as detail or summary. You can also select to Mark Associates or Prospects. Associates are marked when you drop someone from a class.
- Roster Options — Select Auto View Roster to display your roster automatically when working in a group.
- Roster Order — Select to order your roster by last name or by position, then last name.
- Roster Status — In the description fields, enter or edit roster statuses. By default, the statuses are Enrolled and Class Prospect, but you can change them if you want.
Use List 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 — Here, you can set up Lists 2-5 (List 1, Position, is set up at the Master Level). You can select to define options at the master level or require them.
- Field Types — Select Detail or Summary to set up marking fields. Detail Marking Fields are assigned to individuals in Sunday School groups and Activity groups. Summary Marking Fields are assigned to Worship Groups and classes in Sunday School groups.
- Data Types — When setting up fields, you can use Yes/No, Integer (number), or Currency data types.
- Columns — The Field Name, Data Type, and Head Count display.