On many ACS Contributions reports, you can use the Custom Sort option to select the order in which individuals or organizations display on your report.
When you custom sort a report, the results are sorted by a specific field in ACS, such as Age, City, Date Joined, Marital Status, or Record Type. You can select up to four fields to sort by, depending upon the selected report. To use the Custom Sort option, you must select a report for which the option is available. If it is not available, the option is grayed out.
For example, suppose your church or organization wants to print the envelope extract in envelope number order. When customizing the report, select Custom Sort, then select to sort by Envelope Number. This helps you determine how the report displays and make sure it's in the best format for your church.
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Contributions Reports and click Go .
- On the upper sidebar, select the report that you want to preview and click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, select the appropriate options to display on the report.
- Under Report Options, select Custom Sort, and click Select to choose the fields by which to sort your report.
- Using the selection arrows, move those fields from the Fields column to the Selected Fields column. When finished, click Close to save your settings.
- Preview your report. It will be sorted by the selected fields.