Before using DataShare, all connected sites need to set up security rights in Add/Edit Users. The security options you select depend on the data you will send and receive.
For example, if your church or organization needs to send records to a denominational office, organization, or diocese, you need access to Send Changes to DataShare. If the denominational office or diocese changes records that also need to be updated in your database, you need access to Get Changes from DataShare.
If you do not want volunteers to send and receive updated information in DataShare, select None. Users who do not have access to DataShare still see updated records after changes are received.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- Select Add/Edit Users and click Go .
- On the Users tab, select the user whose DataShare security options you want to grant or restrict, then click Edit.
- In the Edit User window, on the Security tab, expand DataShare.
- If granting access to DataShare, under Access, select All for Get Changes from DataShare or Send Changes to DataShare.
- If restricting access, select None for Get Changes from DataShare or Send Changes to DataShare.
- Click OK.