Use the Define Lists window to create discounts that you can assign to customer records. You can define the discount as a percentage or in dollars and cents. If you update this amount, the change is applied automatically in all affected customer records.
If you track family records, mass billing code invoices and manual invoices are charged to record types of "Student" or "Other" when they qualify. Therefore, if you assign discounts to records with one of those types, the discounts are applied automatically to applicable mass billing codes as they are assigned to the records. You can also reorder discounts in the drop down lists.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Define Lists tab.
- Select Accounts Receivable from the drop-down list and click Go .
- Click Discounts, then click Add.
- Enter a Discount Description such as "Member Discount."
- Select whether the discount is a dollar amount or percentage and enter the corresponding value. If it is a percentage, select Round to the nearest dollar to round the amount.
- To add additional discounts, select Add Another.
- Click OK.