After you process the payroll journal and create checks, you can edit any information on the unposted checks using the Preview Current Checks option. When previewing a check, click Edit to access the Edit Checks option.
After editing checks, you can print the Payroll Journal again so that the report totals reflect the changes you made.
Notes on Editing Payroll Checks
- If you reset Payroll, all changes made to checks in the current check run are overwritten.
- If you need to change the transaction date or month on a posted payroll check, you can edit these fields in General Ledger. To learn more, see Editing General Ledger Transactions.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll Checks and click Go .
- Click Preview/Issue Checks, then click Preview Current Checks.
- Select the employee whose check you want to edit. In the list below the check window, select the employee and double-click. Or, use the Back and Forward arrows to scroll through the current checks and locate the employee's check.
- Optional: To enter a check number, select the PRINTED? checkbox.
- To edit the check information, clear the PRINTED? checkbox.
- In the Edit Check window, edit the necessary information and click OK. The Additional Field Information below displays explanations for some fields in the Edit Check window.
- Optional: When finished, select PRINTED? to indicate that the check printed.
Once you've edited the checks, you can print them.