General Ledger Checks
These procedures are for issuing checks in General Ledger. To read about issuing checks in Accounts Payable, see Issuing checks in Accounts Payable.
You can enter a check transaction in the Add/Edit Transactions window, and you can enter a check that has split transactions. However, if you own the ACS Accounts Payable or Payroll modules, we recommend that you enter, print, post, and void checks in those modules.
After entering a check, you can print it. To do this, on the Form:Check tab, click Print. You can also set up General Ledger to automatically print checks after entering a check transaction. You can use 8.5 x 11 laser checks in General Ledger.
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Checks and click Go .
- Enter a Checking Account or click Lookup to select an account.
- Verify that the post month and year are correct. Click the up and down arrows in the Month or Year date box to change the posting period.
- If this is a hand-written check, select Check Printed. If this is a reconciled check, select Reconciled.
- Enter or select the check number and the issue date.
- Enter a payee in the Pay To The Order Of field.
- Enter the check's amount.
- Enter a description in the Memo field.
- Enter the general ledger account to debit or click Lookup to select an account.
- Click OK, then Yes.
- Follow the steps above to enter the initial check information.
- Click the Ledger tab.
- In the credits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to credit to the account entered in step #3.
- In the debits Account field, enter a general ledger account number, or click Lookup to select an account.
- Enter the amount to debit the account entered in step #5.
- Repeat these steps to balance the transaction, then click OK.