Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
If your church or organization conducts an annual budget pledge campaign or any other pledge campaign that begins at first of the year, you can enter the pledges as soon as you receive pledge cards from contributors.
Entering the pledge information for the new year does not affect the contributor’s giving record for the current year.
If your pledge campaign is not a recurring one, such as the annual budget, the first step in entering pledges is to set up the pledge fund. Give the fund a unique name so that contributions for this pledge are kept separate from other pledge funds in ACS.
When entering pledges for years with 53 Sundays, such as 2012, you can adjust the Total Pledge to the equivalent of a 52 Sunday total amount, start the pledge on the second Sunday of January, or allow contributors to give for 53 Sundays. For more information on how to set up pledges for a 53-week year, see Working with 53 Week Pledges.
To add a fund code
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Funds and click Go .
- Click Add.
- Enter a Fund Code or click Next to display the next available fund code.
- Enter a Fund Description.
- Optional: For multi-campus sites, in the Campus drop-down list, select the campus the fund code applies to, if it is campus specific. If several campuses use the fund code, do not select a campus.
If you are interfacing with the ACS General Ledger, select a Checking account, Offset account, and any Optional Accounts for this fund to post to.
You must select optional accounts in pairs. For example, if you select an account for No Pledge - Checking, you must also select an account for No Pledge - Offset.
If you are not interfacing with the ACS General Ledger, enter Checking and Offset accounts if you have set them up in Contributions.
Optional: Enter any additional information concerning the current Fund Code in the Comment field.
Select whether to allow this fund to track Arrears payments or use Giving Plans. These options are only available if selected in Setup.
If applicable, enter an Alternate Code and select a Default Project Code.
To send this fund to Abundant for electronic giving, select Allow in Abundant.
To add a pledge
- Under Manage Records, click the Contributions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Pledges and click Go .
- To find your contributor, click Find Person or Find Org.
- Select the contributor's name, then click OK. Once selected, the contributor's current pledges and pledge history display.
- Click Add.
- If applicable, select the pledge's Entry Date. This defaults to the current date.
- Select the pledge's Fund, Start Date, Stop Date, and Frequency.
Enter the pledge's Amount per period and Additional Amount (if applicable). ACS calculates the pledge's Total, but you can edit this field if you need to.
If applicable, select the Giving Plan.
Individuals who have pledged with an undecided amount and frequency can be entered into the database with a frequency of As Can and an amount of $0.00.
- OPTIONAL: To add additional pledges for this individual, select Add Another.
- Click OK.