Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
This extract is not compatible with ACS OnDemand.
Use the PDA Export to extract ACS People data to a Personal Digital Assistant (PDA).
Before exporting, make sure that your PDA is set to HotSync® with Microsoft® Outlook®. When you load your Palm Desktop software, the install runs a check for Microsoft Outlook and prompts you to select the Microsoft Outlook synchronization option. Refer to your Palm Desktop software Help for more information about this option and how to select it.
When you export data for use with your PDA, we recommend that you put the data in the Contacts folder in Microsoft Outlook. Many PDA devices only synchronize with the default Contacts folder in Microsoft Outlook.
To export using the PDA Export Format
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select People Reports and click Go .
- In the upper sidebar, under People Reports, expand Extracts.
- Select the PDA Export and click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, select the options that you want for the export.
- Include Deactivated — Select to include deactivated records in your export.
- Filter — Select to create a filter for the records in your export. To configure the filter, click Select.
- Use Last Search Results — Select to include records from your last search results in your export.
- Show Unlisted Phone — Select to include unlisted telephone numbers and e-mail addresses in your export.
- Click Extract.
- When the confirmation message displays indicating the number of contact records that will be created in Outlook, click Yes.
- In the ACS Outlook Export window, make the appropriated selections for the export.
- Existing Folder — Select to export ACS data to an existing Microsoft Outlook folder. Select the folder you want to export to from the list.
- New Folder — Select to create a new folder in Microsoft Outlook to export ACS data to. In the New Folder field, enter the name of the new folder.
- Target Categories (Separated by Commas) — Enter the category names, separated by commas, to add the ACS data you export to Categories in Microsoft Outlook. If you enter a category name that does not already exist in your Microsoft Outlook Master Category List, the category is created when you execute the export.
- Continue Export — Click to proceed with the export once you have selected your target folder and target categories.
- Map Fields — Click to select the ACS phone numbers and e-mail addresses you want to use for specific phone and e-mail fields in Outlook.
- Click Continue Export. ACS processes the export and Outlook Express opens displaying the exported contacts.
- To move the exported ACS data to your PDA, perform a HotSync.