In the Add/Edit Payments window, you can filter the payments on the grid to search for a specific payment based on selected criteria. You can filter payments by payer, transaction status, transaction type, date range, or amount range.
To Filter Payments
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Receivable Payments and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Payments.
- In the Add/Edit Payments window, click Filter By.
- Select the appropriate criteria by which to filter the payments and click OK.
- Payer Information — This lets you view all payments that a particular customer has made. To filter payments based on the payer's information, click Lookup and select the customer whose payments you want to view. You can also select Customer to view only that customer's payments or Family to view payments for all members in the customer's family.
- Transaction Status — This lets you view payments based on the state of the payment. By selecting the appropriate option in the Status drop-down list, you can filter by all payments, applied payments, posted payments, returned payments, refunded payments, partially applied payments, unapplied payments, unposted payments, and voided payments.
- Transaction Type — This displays payments according to the method in which the payments were made, such as ACH, cash, check, online payments, and various credit cards. To filter payments by transaction type, select the transaction type in the Type drop-down list.
- Dates — This lets you view payments for a specific date range or posted date. To filter payments by date, enter the date range for the payment or click the Down Arrow to select the payment date range from a calendar.
- GL Ref # — This displays payments according to the General Ledger Deposit Reference number. Enter the General Ledger Deposit Reference number range to filter payments by this field.
- Amounts — This lets you view payments according to the payment's amount or the amount of the payment that was applied to an invoice. Enter the amount range to filter payments by amount.