Before you start, follow the basic startup procedures found below:
- Print the Chart of Accounts Worksheets. You can use these to draft your chart of accounts and account headings.
- Configure the General Ledger defaults.
- Set up your Bank Accounts. You must set up at least one Bank Account before posting transactions.
- Set up your Funds.
- Set up your Departments, Committees, Areas, and Projects as necessary.
- Set up your Transaction Sources.
- If you do not have Accounts Payable or Payroll, add any Payees.
- Enter your Chart of Accounts.
- Enter your Budget.
- Enter Beginning Balances.
- If necessary, edit the Check Layout Design.
We recommend that you make a backup of your ACS financial data before entering transactions for the first time.