Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
One of the options you have in the Contributions module is the ability to post your contributions directly to the ACS General Ledger program. When you interface with the ACS General Ledger program, you eliminate the possibility of error when making a journal entry. Eliminating the journal entry also saves time.
To use the General Ledger Interface:
- You must have ACS General Ledger software.
- You must select ACS GL Interface in Setup. You can change the Setup at any time; however, the best time is the beginning of the month so no gifts are left unposted.
You must complete several tasks to set up the Contributions interface. The first step is make sure your chart of accounts is set up in your financial software. The interface will not work without a valid chart of accounts. Then, select the Financial Dataset and GL Source you want to use for the interface. The source should be a deposit (DEP) source.
When you set up the interface, ACS links your financial Chart of Accounts into Contributions. When you set up your funds, you must assign a Checking and Offset account to each fund. Then, you're ready to enter and post transactions.
You can only interface Contributions with one dataset.
To set up the General Ledger interface
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- Select Contributions from the drop-down list and click Go .
- On the Configuration tab, under GL Interface, select ACS GL Interface.
- In the Select Dataset drop-down list, select the dataset to interface with.
- Optional: Select Use Project Codes to use Project Codes in Contributions.
- In the drop-down list, select the appropriate GL Source.
- Click OK.