In People Setup and in Define Lists, you can map Record Types to Member Statuses. This lets you select a Member Status and then ACS automatically fills in the Record Type. For example, if you map the Member Status of Child of Member to the Record Type of Other, when you select Child of Member as Member Status, the Record Type automatically changes from blank to Other.
In ACS, each individual must have a Record Type for high-level sorting. Member Status and Record Type are similar and often misunderstood. Some examples of member statuses are resident member, non resident member, prospect, and contributor only.
- In the People Setup window, click Map Record Types to Member Statuses.
- In the right pane, select a Member Status and then click Edit.
- In the Associated Record Type drop-down list to select the Record Type you want to map to this Member Status.
- Click OK.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Define Lists tab.
- In the drop-down list, select People and click Go .
- Expand Individual, expand Lists, and select Member Status.
- In the right pane, select a Member Status and click Edit.
- In the Associated Record Type drop-down list select the Record Type you want to map to this Member Status.
- Click OK, then Close.