If you want to update security settings for all or several user names at once, using the Mass Assign option can save you time and help avoid making errors. Since you select the security bit only once, you eliminate the risk of selecting a wrong security bit for a user.
An ideal time to use the Mass Assign expert is after installing an ACS upgrade with new features that require additional security settings. Once you determine your users who need the new security setting and the access you want to give them, use the following procedure to assign the security rights.
To update security settings with the Mass Assign expert
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Users and click Go .
- Click Mass Assign.
- Make your selections in the first window of the expert, then click Next.
- To update the security limits for the People or Financial Suites, make your selections in the second window of the expert, then click Next.
- In the third window of the expert, select the users to which you want to assign the new security settings.
- To update your security templates, select the templates that you want to update.
- Click Finish, then OK.
- Add/Edit Users — Select the security setting in the drop-down list you want to assign to users.
- Security — A list of each module in the Financial and People Suites. Expand the module name to display the options that require security rights.
- Access — Displays the security rights assigned to the option. Double-click the security access to change it to your choice.
- Retain Current — No change is made to the current setting. To make a change to the setting, clear the check box.
- Limit Comments — To restrict the comment types a user can view, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit Comments, then click Select and choose the comment types you do not want the user to view.
- Limit Groups — To restrict the master groups a user can access, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit Groups, then click Select and choose the master groups you want the user to access.
- Limit Contact Types — To restrict the contact types a user can access, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit Contact Types, then click Select and choose the contact types you do not want the user to access.
- Limit Reservation Activities — To restrict the reservation activities a user can access, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit Reservation Activities, then click Select and choose the reservation activities you want the user to access.
- Limit Departmental Fields — To restrict the departmental fields a user can access, select the appropriate checkbox under View Access to grant the user viewing rights to a departmental field. To restrict a user from editing a departmental field, clear the appropriate checkbox under Edit Access.
- Limit Datasets — To restrict the datasets a user can access, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit Datasets, then click Select and choose the datasets you want the user to access.
- Limit G/L Inquiry — To restrict the general ledger account codes a user can access in Inquiry, clear the Retain Current check box. Select Limit G/L Inquiry, then click Select. Select the correct dataset, then select the areas to which you want to give the user access.
- Assign? — Select the check box for each user to whom you want to assign the new security settings.
- User — Displays the ACS user name or template name.
- Name — Displays the first and last name of the user, if available.
- Description — Displays the label or name of the user name or template, if available.