After printing the Check Register Journal, it's time to post the payroll checks to the General Ledger.
When posting checks, you can print the Payroll G/L Transaction List for your records. This report displays the account numbers associated with an employee's check, check number, check date, employee name, account description, debits, credits, and account totals. You can print the report by account number or check number order.
Posting checks to inactive accounts changes the status on those accounts to active in the General Ledger.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll Checks and click Go .
- Click Post Payroll Checks.
- In the drop-down lists, select the Check Transaction Source and ACH Transaction Source. If you selected Post Summary in Payroll Setup, only sources with a source type of Check or Credit are available. If you selected the Post Detail option in Payroll Setup, only sources with a source type of Check are available.
- In the Post Month/Year date boxes, select the correct posting period.
- Enter an Explanation describing the transactions.
- In the drop-down list, select a Posting Date.
- To print the Payroll G/L Transaction List, click Print.
- Click OK. A confirmation message displays to let you know that posting is complete.