Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
On the Posting tab in Payroll setup, you can set up options for posting to the General Ledger and printing the Payroll Journal. You can also select your default Check and ACH sources, as well as set up the current posting period or change the Payroll posting period, and you can select to receive warnings when Federal or State tax codes are not assigned to employee records.
In addition, you can print a second check or plain paper when a check stub's adjustments exceed 11 lines, allowing you to list all adjustments in detail.
To set up Payroll posting options
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll and click Go .
- Under Payroll Options, select one of the following:
- Post Summary to GL — To summarize payroll transactions by account and post them to the General Ledger in a lump sum, select this option. For example, if two payroll checks for $500.00 were created from Account 001025, one transaction will post to the general ledger for that account in the amount of $1000.00. Only Sources with a Source Type of Check Credit are available for the Default Payroll Source. However, if you make an error in payroll calculations, you may find it more difficult to locate the error and reconcile accounts using summary data.
- Post Detail to GL — To post a transaction for each check (check number and amount) posted to the General Ledger, select this option. If selected, only sources with a source type of Check are available for the Default Payroll Source.
- Select Print Journal Summary or Print Journal Detail. When payroll checks are posted in summary, only a total displays for the checks. Detail lists information for individual checks.
- If you are networked and want to build check data on your local workstation by copying payroll information from the server, select Optimize Payroll Journal. Once the payroll check data is copied to the server, the local data is removed from the workstation.
- To print a second check on plain paper when the stub's deductions and contributions exceed 11 lines, select Print Other Adjustments on Overflow Check. This option displays details for each addition, deduction, and contribution. Choose the appropriate printing option.
- Print on Checks — If selected, only the additional deductions print on the next check, and the stub and check amounts are marked VOID.
- Print on Plain Paper — If selected, only the additional deductions print on the next page (not on a check), and the stub and check amounts are marked VOID. After printing checks, ACS reminds you to remove the check stock and place plain paper in your printer.
- Under Default Source, select the appropriate Check and ACH sources.
- In the Posting Month and Posting Year drop-down lists, select the current posting period.
- To automatically generate the next available code for new employees, select Auto Assign Next Employee Code. Then, enter a starting number in the Next Employee Code field.
- To receive a warning that a federal or state tax code is missing on an employee's record, select Warn if Federal Tax Code is not assigned and/or Warn if State Tax Code is not assigned.
- To verify the Group Insurance Table, click Refresh Group Term Cost.
- Click OK.