To account for automatic withdrawals from contributors' accounts in Contributions, the Automatic Withdrawal option must be properly activated prior to entering or posting contributions. This works with the Checking Account Maintenance Tab when contributors choose to give via automatic withdrawal from their bank accounts. When these gifts are entered into contributions as ACH transactions, an ACH file can be created and uploaded to your bank. You can get more information on Creating an ACH File for Direct Deposit Transactions.
We strongly recommend that you contact your bank prior to activating Separate Destination Bank and Create Balanced File? to determine whether these options are necessary.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- Select Contributions from the drop-down list and click Go .
- Click on the Automatic Withdrawal. tab.
- Select Enable Automatic Withdrawal to enable automatic withdrawal.
- Under Required Information, enter the following information:
- Bank RT# — Enter the organization's bank routing number.
- Bank Name — Enter the name of the organization's bank.
- Company/Originator RT# — Enter the organization's bank account routing number.
- Company Name — Enter the name of the organization as it displays on the bank account.
- Company ID — Click to view different options for entering the organization's Identification Code Designator (ICD).
- If the immediate destination of the ACH File is different from the originating bank, select Separate Destination Bank?. Then, enter the destination bank's Routing Number and Name.
- If you are required to send the ACH file in Balanced File format, select Create Balanced File?. Then, enter the organization's bank Routing Number and Account Number.
If creating a balanced file, select to send the file One Day or Two Days in advance.
We strongly recommend you to verify that the ACH account has been properly set up by sending a Prenote to your bank before entering and posting automatic withdrawal contributions.
- Click OK to save your changes.