The first step when creating a Max It!® mailing in ACS People is setting up address labels and related options on the Report Options tab.
To Set Up Labels in People
- Under Searches and Reports, click the Labels tab.
- In the drop-down list, select People and click Go .
- On the sidebar, select Create a New Max It! Mailing, then click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, enter a name for your Max It mailing in the Title field. When you name the mailing, it saves the settings that you enter so that you do not have to reenter them each time you create a bulk mailing.
- Under Record Selection, select how many labels to print for each eligible name.
- Under Label Options, select a group of individuals to include in the mailing.
- Under Label Name, select to print the individual’s Formal or Informal name.
- Under Salutation, select to print the individual’s Formal or Informal salutation.
- Under Address Options, select the address to print on the mailing label in the Address Type drop-down list.
- Under Attendance Options, select the attendance master group in the Master Group drop-down list. You only need to make a selection if you selected one or more attendance fields under Special Fields in the Label Options section.
- Click Preview.
Your selections determine the recipients of your mailing.
- Record Selection — Record Selection controls how many labels print for each eligible name. The actual criteria for who receives labels is determined by your search results.
- One Per Family — Select to print a label for each family whose record is included in the last search results. The label prints with the head and spouse names.
- One Per Person — Select to print a label for each individual included in the last search results.
- Children Only— Select to print a label for only the children included in the last search results. The number of children in the family affects how the labels print.
- With one child in the family or search results, the label prints the full name, for example, Sally Smith.
- With children's names under 60 characters (Label Designer labels) in the family or search results, the label prints all the names, for example, Sally & Harry Smith.
- With children’s names exceeding the character limit, the label prints “The Smith Children.”
- One Per Contributor — Select to print a label for each contributor included in the last search results.
- Newsletter — Select to print labels for those individuals or families flagged to receive a newsletter by mail or both (regular mail and e-mail). If an individual or family is flagged to receive a newsletter by e-mail only, a label will not print for that individual or family. With this option selected, the search results are unavailable, because newsletter labels are controlled by the family/individual/none newsletter settings in the individual records.
- Special Mailings Only — Select to print labels for all Special Mailings records.
- Include Children — Select to print the words “& Family” on the label. If you are printing labels from search results, “& Family” prints only if children are included in the search results. If you are printing from newsletter labels, “& Family” prints for all households with children except those where the children's newsletter flag is set to None. If an individual has a family position of child, but has no other family members assigned to him or her, an address label will not print unless this option is selected. Include Children is unavailable if Record Selection is set to One Per Person, Children Only, One Per Contributor, or Special Mailings Only.
- Expand Children’s Names — Select to print children’s names on the address label. If there are more names than will fit on one line, the label reads “The Smith Children.”
- Member Status — Select to include specific member status types on the label. To select the member statuses to include in the mailing, click Select.
- Special Mailings Groups — Select to include Special Mailings Groups. To select the special mailings groups to include in the mailing, click Select.
- Special Fields — Select to include additional fields in your label layout, then click Select to choose the fields you want. Your selections will be available for you to add to your address label’s layout in the Label Designer Wizard. For more information, see Working with Database Fields in the Label Designer.
- Label Name — Select whether to use a Formal or Informal label name when printing your labels.
- Formal- Select to use an individual or family’s formal label name. For example, the formal label name for Mr. James Aaron, who goes by Jim, prints as “Mr. James Aaron” if One Per Person or One Per Contributor is selected under Record Selection. If One Per Family is selected, “Mr. & Mrs. James Aaron” prints on the address label.
Informal- Select to use an individual or family’s informal label name. For example, the informal label name for Mr. James Aaron, who goes by Jim, prints as “Jim Aaron” if One Per Person or One Per Contributor is selected under Record Selection. If One Per Family is selected, “Jim and Jane Aaron” prints on the address label.
By default, the recipient’s name will print on the label as [First Name] [Last Name]. To use a salutation or a different label format, customize your label in the Label Designer. For more information, see “Customizing the Recipient’s Name on the Address Label”.
- Salutation — Select whether to use a Formal or Informal label salutation when printing your labels. An informal salutation will include the recipients’ first names, and a formal salutation will include Mr. or Mrs. and the recipients’ last name.
- Search Results — This section displays the most recent search statistics. All labels print from search results except newsletter labels, which are determined by the newsletter flag in the individual/family records and the member statuses or Special Mailings groups. When you select Newsletter under Record Selection, the search statistics are unavailable.
- Address Options — Addresses are defined in the View/Edit Individual window. To select which address (Primary, Mailing, or Statement) to print on labels, click the Address drop-down list under Address Options.
- Attendance Options — If you selected an attendance group to print labels for when selecting Special Fields, select the attendance group you would like to pull information for in the drop-down list.