Attendance promotion is coming soon. View these promotion topics:
Financial Suite Procedures
Summarizing a year compresses the amount of data that is stored in ACS. If you have a large dataset, this can make certain tasks faster.
When you summarize, ACS creates a summary transaction for the last month of your fiscal or calendar year, and the applicable Accounts Payable invoices are deleted. You can summarize multiple times, but you cannot summarize data for the current year or your last year. However, you can summarize any year outside of those two years.
When summarizing the General Ledger, you must summarize the other modules as well. Only Accounts Receivable and Payroll can be summarized independently. Transactions, invoices, and checks must meet the following criteria before summarizing:
- General Ledger — All transactions that were posted in or before the year that you select to summarize.
- Accounts Payable — All paid invoices that were posted in or before the year that you select to summarize and were paid on or before the Paid on or Before date.
- Accounts Receivable — All invoices that have an invoice date on or before the year that you select to summarize and were paid on or before the Paid on or Before date. This also includes all applied payments that have a payment date on or before the year that you select to summarize.
- Payroll — All checks that have a date in or before the year that you select to summarize.
You must make a backup of your financial data before summarizing years, and we recommend printing a Trial Balance Report before summarizing. You can use this report for comparison purposes.
To summarize years
- Under Manage Records, select the Period End Procedures tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Summarize Financial Data and click Go .
- In the drop-down list, select the Fiscal Year that you want to summarize. Any non-summarized years before the selected year are summarized also. For example: If you select 2016, the summarize utility summarizes all years through and including 2016.
- In the GL Summary Source drop-down list, select a transaction source. To use this option, you must summarize General Ledger transactions.
- Choose which modules you want to summarize. Select from the following: Summarize General Ledger & Clear AP Invoices, Clear Accounts Receivable, Summarize Balances, and Clear Payroll & Affordable Health Care Information.
- Click Summarize Year.
After you summarize, you can delete vendors, customers, or employees. You can also delete accounts if the accounts had a zero balance at the time of summarizing and there were no transactions posted to the account during the current year or last year.