Safeguard Tasks let you manually track your background check process and results.
Tasks consist of Task Descriptions and Task Statuses.
- Task Descriptions describe tasks you're tracking related to background checks. For example: Signed Consent Form, Drive Church Vehicle, and Work with Children might be task descriptions.
- Task Statuses describe the results. For example, Yes, No, Pending, and Restrictions Apply could be task statuses.
You can enter comments for each task, which is helpful if you want to enter notes related to background checks or their results. You can also track dates on tasks, which is helpful if you want to track when a background check was completed so you'll know when to request a new one
Set up task permissions
Before setting up Safeguard tasks, set up Safeguard permissions in Add/Edit Users.
Task permissions are especially important if you choose to enter sensitive information in Safeguard tasks and comments. If you restrict an individual from requesting or reviewing background checks but do not restrict his rights to the other options, the individual can still view any comments and tasks that may contain information about results.
Set up task descriptions and statuses
In Define Lists, you can set up Task Descriptions and Task Statuses based on your background check processes and results.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Define Lists tab.
- In the drop-down list, select People, then click Go .
- In the Define Lists window, expand Safeguard, then click Task Description or Task Status.
- To add tasks, click Add.
- Enter a task in the Field Description field.
- Optional: Select Add Another to add several items at one time.
- Click OK.
- To edit a task, select it and click Edit.
- Make the necessary changes and click OK.