You can download your account statement in Open Financial Exchange (.OFX) format from your bank's website to a location on your PC. Once the file is on your PC, open it with the Mark from File button. ACS matches the items in the bank file with transactions in ACS. ACS marks the matched transactions as cleared. The cleared transactions display on the Matched Transactions window. Any items in the bank file that do not find a matching transaction in ACS display on the Non-matching Transactions window.
You can print a report of the matching and non-matching transactions. When you finish reviewing the matching and non-matching transactions and printing the reports, you can continue with the check reconciliation as normal.
If you open the wrong file, you can click <Back to select a different file. ACS does not update the transactions as reconciled until you complete the bank reconciliation process.
For audit purposes, ACS Technologies recommends that you define a folder on your hard drive for the .OFX files. You can give the file a unique name each month and place it in the defined folder. If necessary, your network or system administrator can help with setting up the folder and show you how to download the file from your bank's website.
- Under Manage Records, select the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select General Ledger Transactions and click Go .
- Click Check Reconciliation.
- Select a bank account in the Bank Account list.
- Enter or select the bank statement dates.
- Enter the current statement ending balance.
- Click Mark Group. The Mark Group window displays.
- Click From File.
- Locate the .OFX file on your PC. Select the appropriate file and click Open.
- If necessary, print the matching transactions and non-matching transactions reports.
- Click Finish.