Mass Payment Codes let you generate payments that you routinely receive on a customer's behalf, such as financial aid payments, scholarships, or ACH withdrawals. After you generate payments, they are unposted, so you still need to proof them and make any appropriate changes before posting the payment.
Before generating payments with mass payment codes, you must set up the code in Define Lists. To learn about setting up mass payment codes, see Defining Payment Codes.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Receivable Payments and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Payments, then click Mass Payment Codes.
- Under Payment Codes, enter the reference number in the Reference # field. To check for possible duplicate payments, select Check for possible duplicate payments.
- In the Receipt # field, enter the receipt number or click Next.
- In the Select Payer field, click Lookup to select the customer or family's record in Add/Edit Customers.
- In Add/Edit Customers, select the customer or family's record you are adding a mass payment code for and click OK.
- In the Payment Description field, enter a description of the payment.
- In the Payment Date drop-down list, select or enter the effective date of the payment.
- Select the payment code for which you want to process a payment in the grid and click Process Payments.
- Under Payments, select or enter the appropriate posting period in the Month and Year fields.
- Click Process Payments.
- When the confirmation window displays, click Yes to generate the payments.
- In the Information window, a confirmation message displays, along with the number of payments created. Click OK.