The Contributions Filter lets you locate specific transactions or groups of transactions in posted or unposted batches. You can filter based on contributor, batch information, text, transaction statuses and types, and transaction information. After filtering, the transactions that match your criteria display in the Add/Edit Transactions window, so you can edit, view, delete, or void them, if necessary.
The Contributions Filter is helpful if you need to void, correct, or delete a transaction, or if you print statements or receipts and find a discrepancy. For example, you print quarterly statements for your contributors and find a mistake, such as an incorrect amount or fund allocation. Using the Contributions Filter, you can filter transactions by contributor, then by amount or fund, to find and void the incorrect transaction.
You can also use the Contributions Filter to edit batch information for posted batches.
To filter contributions in Add/Edit Transactions
- Under Manage Records, click the Contributions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Enter/Post Contributions and click Go .
- In the Contributions - Enter/Post Transactions window, click Add/Edit Transactions.
- In the Add/Edit Transactions window, select Advanced Filter, then click Select.
- In the Contributions - Filter window, select or enter the criteria you want to filter by. You can select as many or as few criteria as you want. However, if you want to locate a specific transaction, it may be easier to find your transaction if you select more criteria.
- After selecting criteria, click OK. The filtered results then display in the Add/Edit Transactions window.
- Envelope # — If you know the contributor's envelope number, enter it here. If you selected the contributor in Find Person or Find Org, the envelope number displays.
- Find Person — Click to select the contributor you want to filter by. After selection, the contributor's name and address display.
- Find Org — Click to select the contributing organization you want to filter by. After selection, the organization's name and address display.
- Batch — To filter by batch number, enter the number.
- Post Date — Enter the post date range you want to filter by. This is helpful if you do not know the exact date a transaction was posted, but know other details about it.
- Service — To filter by service, select the service to display in the drop-down list.
- Campus — If using multi-campus contributions, select the campus to filter by in the drop-down list.
- Deposit — Enter the deposit's reference number.
- Status — Select the transaction status you want to filter by (Posted, Returned, Unposted, or Voided).
- Payment Type — Select the payment type you want to filter by.
- Transaction Type — Select the contribution's transaction type in the drop-down list.
- Gift Date — To filter by a gift's date range, select or enter the date range.
- Ref — To filter by a transaction's reference number, enter a range of numbers. This is helpful for check contributions because you can locate a transaction associated with a particular check.
- Amount — Enter a range of amounts to filter by.
- Funds — To filter by specific fund, select Fund, then click Select to choose the funds you want to filter by.
- Projects — To filter by specific project, select Project, then click Select to choose the projects you want to filter by.
- Value — To filter for specific values of Gifts for Item of Value transactions, enter a range of values.
- Comment — To filter by comment, enter the transaction's comment.
- Case Sensitive — Select to apply a case-sensitive filter for the text.
- Exact Match — Select to display only exact text matches.
- Contains — This option applies to the comments field. When you select this option, the filter returns transactions with comments containing the words entered. When this option isn't selected, the filter returns transactions with comments that only begin with the words entered.