You can grant rights to your users that allow them to have complete, limited, or no access to view or edit the different portions of Utilities.
To edit a user's security rights
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Admin Utilities tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Add/Edit Users, then click Go .
- Select a user in the grid and click Edit.
- If it is not already selected, click on the Security tab.
- Expand Utilities.
- Select the security option you want to change, then right-click to select the appropriate access level.
- All allows the user to add and edit information.
- None denies the user all access to the information.
- View allows the user to view information without editing it.
- Click Apply, then OK. Your changes take effect the next time the user logs in to ACS.
ACS Table Maintenance
Determines whether the user can view or access ACS table information.
Add/Edit SMTP Settings
Determines whether a user can add or edit an SMTP address.
Add/Edit ZIP Codes
Determines whether the user can add, edit, or delete ZIP codes.
Determines whether the user can create an ACS backup file.
Clear User Logins
Determines whether the user can clear individual or all user logins.
Edit Tax Tables
Determines whether the user can make changes to the payroll tax tables.
Determines whether the user can access the People or Financial Maintenance Utilities.
Determines whether current users can change their settings, grids, and menu style. Administrators can select settings for all users.
Determines whether the user can delete saved reports.
Determines whether the user can restore an ACS backup file.
Site Information/Financial Dataset Setup
Determines whether the user can create a new financial dataset, edit an existing financial dataset's address and tax numbers, delete an existing financial dataset, and switch between datasets. By selecting View, a user can switch between datasets, but cannot add, edit, or delete datasets.
Determines whether the user can access the Support Utility program.
Year End Utilities
Determines whether a user can access Year End Utilities.