On the W-2 tab, you can print Forms W-2 and Form W-3.
Form W-2 is used to report wages paid to employees and taxes withheld from them. Employers must complete Form W-2 for any employee they pay a salary, wage, or other compensation to, and the form must be mailed to employees on or before January 31 of the calendar year.
If you do not want to print Form W-2 for certain employees, you can mark them as inactive. However, if the employee received a check during the year, you should print Form W-2 for the employee.
ACS lets you print Form W-2 at any time, but to include the entire year of earnings on the Form W-2, print the forms after you process the last payroll for December. You should also make any corrections to employee paychecks, including voiding and reissuing checks (if necessary) before printing Form W-2. Make sure to date any reissued checks so that they display on the correct W-2.
If you need to adjust or correct W-2 totals, you can do this in Add/Edit W-2 Totals in Utilities.
When printing Form W-2
We recommend printing your forms on plain paper until you are certain that your totals are correct.
You can also make sure that your forms are lined up correctly in your printer before printing on the actual forms. By printing on plain paper, you save the expense of wasting forms.
- Under Generate Reports, click the Period End Reports tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Payroll 941, W-2s, and ACA Forms and click Go .
- On the W-2 tab, select the Report Type in the drop-down list.
- 2-up Statement — Prints two employees per page.
- 4-up Statement — Prints one employee per page, on a pre-printed form.
- 4-up Statement Blank Paper — Prints one employee per page, on a blank form.
- Select the Year.
- Verify your organization's Federal Tax ID and State Tax ID numbers. If necessary, enter the tax ID numbers.
- To print W-2s for multiple states, select Multiple States. Then, click Tax IDs to enter state tax IDs for the states you want to print.
Under Copies, select the number of copies you want to print.
If a state without a Tax ID is printed on an employee's W-2, an error message displays and lists the states that are missing tax IDs.
- Optional: To increase or decrease the space between the first and second Form W-2 on a page, enter a number in the Adjust 2nd W-2 field. This option is available with both the 2-up Statement and the 4-up Statement.
- Optional: If you do not want to print a summary page, clear the Print Summary Page? check box.
- Optional: If you want to filter employees by departments, select Department, and click Select.
- Optional: If you want to filter by specific employees, select Employees, and click Select.
- Optional: Under Employee Name Range, use the From and To fields to select which W-2s to print.
- To print for one employee, enter the employee's name in both the From and To fields.
- To start printing forms beginning with a specific employee, enter the employee's name in the From field and leave the To field blank.
- To print for a range of employees, enter the beginning name in the From field and the ending name in the To field.
- To print for all employees, leave both the From and the To fields blank.
- Click OK to continue.
- To preview the form before printing, click Preview. Click Print to send it to the printer without previewing.
- To electronically file Form W-2, click Tax E-File.