If a check is returned by the bank for non sufficient funds and you want to charge the customer for insufficient funds (NSF), you can enter an invoice and designate its type Return Check Fee.
The Invoice Amount and distribution fields display automatically based on entries made for NSF Fee on the GL Interface tab of the Setup window. For more information, see Configuring the GL Interface Tab. In other respects, creating this invoice is no different from creating standard invoices.
- Under Manage Records, click the Transactions tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Accounts Receivable Invoices and click Go .
- Click Add/Edit Invoices, then Add.
- Under Type, select Return Check Fee.
- Complete the invoice as described in Adding Invoices.