Filtering reports lets you narrow down what data is included in the report. Think of filtering as a quick version of searching. For example, if you want to send a letter to all women in your organization, you can add a filter to show only women in the Master Listing of Addresses report.
Filtering is not available for all reports. If this is the case, the option is grayed-out.
- In the reports window, select the report you want to filter.
- Optional: If the report is a Contributions or Financial Suite report, select the appropriate date range in the lower sidebar.
- Click Customize.
- On the Report Options tab, select Filter, then click Select.
- In the Edit Report Filter window, under Available Fields, expand the field categories until you locate a field you want to apply to the filter.
- Select the field and click Add.
- Enter the criteria for the field and click OK. For example, "gender = female."
- When you finish adding criteria to the filter, click Close.
- To view the filtered report, click Preview.