The date open balances are accessed for late charges. Invoices and/or balances that are open by the this date are included in the calculation.
Invoices Past Due
The number of days that the invoice is past due as of the assessment date.
There are four choices for posting late fee charges:
- You can post a charge for each unpaid invoice (this is the default).
- You can post a single charge to the customer account based on the total customer balance as of the assessment date.
- You can post a single charge to the family account based on the total family balance (if tracking families) as of the assessment date.
- You can post a single charge to the customer account based on the total of the unpaid invoices as of the assessment date (instead of listing each unpaid invoice).
The following invoice filters are available for selection:
- Posting Period — Invoices for the selected posting period display.
- Billing Code — Invoices posted to the billing code selected (using the mass billing code option) display.
- Fee — Invoices that have this fee as a distribution display.
- Select Customer — Only invoices for the customer selected display.
Late Fees Records List Window
Enter the Invoice #, Amount, Due Date, Fee, Description, and Invoice Date you want to assign when generating the invoice.
Selected by default for all customers in the list. Clear the check box next to the customers for whom you do not want to post late fees.
Remaining grid information
When calculating using the "for each unpaid invoice" option, the columns that display in the grid are Accept, Invoice # Last Name, First Name, Due Date, Invoice Amount, and Overdue Balance. Also, the From Invoice option and Create Separate Invoice options display.
If you select From Invoice, the late fee is split between fee codes of the invoice. If not, ACS adds one line using the late fee code established in your setup options. Also, Invoice #, Due Date, and Invoice Date are unavailable, and the Invoice Description is used for the line item comment added to the existing invoice. You can also double click on an invoice to view it.
When calculating based on total open balance, the columns that display in the grid are Accept, Last Name, First Name, and Overdue Balance. Also, the Inquiry icon is available above the grid to view your transactions, including those that make up the overdue balance.