Including special fields in your reports lets you print information that is not included by default. For example, your youth pastor may want a list of all high school students who attend your church. Additionally, besides typical name and address information, she wants the following included: their school’s name, the subdivision they live in, the date they last attended church, and their parents' names.
The availability of special fields depends on what you track in ACS and, in some instances, the security level of the user setting up the report. Fields such as age, date of birth, and social security number are not available if security for the user is set to None for these options. You can select up to ten special fields.
Special fields are not available for all reports.
- In the Reports window, select the report you want to customize.
- If the report is a Contributions or Financial Suite report, select the report's date range in the lower sidebar.
- Click Customize.
- Under Report Options, select Special Fields and click Select. The Special Fields window displays.
- In the Column drop-down list, select the special field that you want to include.
- If you want to change how the field displays in the report, enter a new name under Description.
- To move the field to the Selected Special Fields column, click Add.
- To change the sort order of the fields in the Selected Special Fields column, select a field and click the Up or Down .
- To accept your selections and return to the customize window, click Close.
- To view the report, click Preview.
When selecting Newsletter Flag as a special field, a code will print on the report under the Newsletter Flag column. This code is based on a combination of the Newsletter flag and the Deliver by flag.
Deliver by Flag