In Fixed Assets Setup, you can select your default posting information.
Selecting the posting information saves you time because this information displays in the Add and Edit windows for you. You only need to verify that the information is correct and change it when necessary, such as when you want to post to a period other than the current one.
- Under Advanced Tools, click the Settings tab.
- In the drop-down list, select Fixed Assets and click Go .
- Select the appropriate Posting Month and Posting Year.
- Select the Default G/L Source to use for positing depreciation.
- To automatically assign the next available item number to a new fixed asset, select Auto Assign Item Number.
- In the Next Item Number field, enter the next item number to automatically assign to the next fixed asset you add.
- When finished, click OK.