You can request background checks through SecureSearch from the Safeguard tab. You can also add tasks to track which background checks were performed on an individual and the results. However, you will need to manually enter the background check information in the Description, Status, Date Completed, and Comment fields, as this information is not inserted from the completed background check.
- Under Manage Records, click the People tab.
- In the drop-down list, select View/Edit Individual and click Go .
- Select the individual whose background check you are requesting and click View/Edit.
- On the Safeguard tab, click Request Background Check. You will be redirected to SecureSearch, a separate Web application used for the background checks.
When prompted, enter your SecureSearch Username and Password in the fields, click Log In. To save your user name and password, select Remember Me.
Your SecureSearch credentials are different from your ACS user name and password. Everyone at your site who uses Safeguard will have the same user name and password. If you forget your password, contact Support at 1-800-669-2509.
- After you log in, you can request background check reports for an individual. Select the desired background check(s) and enter any required information needed to process the background check(s).
Information needed to conduct a background check will be accessed through ACS if it is available. However, if you have to manually enter other required information to process the background check, it will not update the individual's record in ACS.
- In the Accounting Code drop-down list, select an accounting code to categorize this background check.
- Click Submit.
- Review the background checks and associated costs for the individual, and click Confirm to place your order. Once you have confirmed your order, the Background Check Status window displays, and the Order Status for the background check will be listed as Processing.
Requesting a Background Check
Confirming your Order