SpeedCheck lets you scan and electronically deposit batches of your contributors’ checks, and provides integrated record keeping. With SpeedCheck, you can scan and enter checks into your software. In addition, our remote deposit solution lets you scan, deposit, and enter checks into your software at once. This streamlines your contributions process, providing integration between your contribution software, electronic banking, and your SpeedCheck scanner.
When you begin using SpeedCheck, you'll need to divide your checks into batches, then manually add your checks' totals to determine an expected total. These batches are scanned or captured with a special check scanner. If you use the remote deposit feature, the scanned image becomes a legal document, and you can shred or destroy the checks when you are comfortable doing so. You can also view the check's scanned image.
Downloading and Installing SpeedCheck
You must load this install on each computer that you will connect to a SpeedCheck scanner. If you've already connected the scanner, disconnect the USB cable before downloading the installation (.exe) file.
Before installing SpeedCheck:
- If you don't already have it, you must install Microsoft .net framework, version 3.0 or higher. To learn more or install this framework, visit the Microsoft .Net Website.
- You must also have full administrative rights to your church management software.
- Before installing SpeedCheck, exit your program.
- Click or depending on the scanner you purchased.
- Click Save File.
- If using Windows 7 or Vista, right-click on the .exe, select Run as Administrator, and follow the on-screen download instructions. If using another version of Windows, double-click the .exe file for SpeedCheck, then follow the on-screen download instructions
- When finished, plug the USB cable from the scanner into the computer, then turn the scanner on. The computer should search and find the new scanner.
The install adds an icon to your desktop, which lets you scan a batch of checks without opening your contributor software. If you use OnDemand, you must use this icon to scan checks. Desktop users can use the icon on the desktop or scan checks in your software.