The Code Reader™ 2300 Bluetooth scanner is a lightweight and ergonomic hand-held scanner capable of omnidirectional and single-line barcode scanning. It’s ideal for churches and child-care facilities with busy check-in stations for attendance. You can use it to scan barcodes in any orientation. There are no software drivers to load, just plug and play.
Setting up the Code Read 2300 Bluetooth Scanner
After you unbox your scanner, follow these instructions to connect and test the scanner. Part of the initial setup includes charging the scanner for a minimum of five hours. Please take this into consideration before starting the connection process.
A QR code required during initial scanner setup is included in the setup instructions. Follow the instructions below and scan the QR code from your computer screen.
To do the initial scanner setup
- Connect the USB cable on the charging station to a USB port on your computer. With Apple® OSX®, the Keyboard Setup assistant window may display. If it does, close the window and go to step 2.
- Remove the plastic cap from the scanner and place the scanner in the charging station for a minimum of five hours. The green LED on the charging station and the four blinking green lights on the scanner confirm the scanner is charging.
- After charging the scanner, remove it from the charging station and power it on by pressing and holding either of the buttons on the scanner for one second.
- Point the scanner at the QR code on the charging station and press and hold a button until the blue bars that emit from the scanner are centered in the middle of the QR code. The scanner beeps and the indicator light flashes green when a scan is successful.
- Point the scanner at this QR code and scan it.
After completing the initial scanner setup, we recommend you immediately test the scanner.
To test the scanner
- Open a word processor application on the computer the charging station is connected to.
- Locate a barcode on any object, for example, a food item.
- Scan the barcode. When you scan it, the barcode number should display with a flashing cursor on the line below it in the word processor window.
Your scanner is ready to use.